New Smoke Alarm Legislation
Whether you’re a landlord, owner-occupier, renovating, selling or leasing, you need to be aware of the legislation changes and ensure that your smoke alarms are complaint. It may very well save a life.
1st January 2017 – Smoke alarms more than 10 years old must be replaced by photoelectric type (AS) 3786-2014 and be tested and operational.
1st January 2022 – Dwellings being sold, leased or an existing lease is renewed, substantial renovations and new builds must also have photoelectric smoke alarms installed in each bedroom, certain hallways and each storey.
1st January 2027 – All Dwellings in all circumstances must comply with the highest standard.
Knight Power Electrical Pty Ltd is your smoke alarm installer on the Gold Coast. We supply and install photoelectric interconnected smoke alarms with interconnecting cables or wireless connection to comply with the new legislation.
What are Photoelectric Smoke Alarms?
Photoelectric smoke alarms are the new standard of alarm superseding ionisation type smoke alarms. They detect visible particles of combustion, and provide a quicker more reliable response to smoke, in turn, everyone in your home is alerted of a potential fire and has extra time to escape.
When do you need to replace your smoke alarms?
- If you’re renovating or leasing or selling
- If your smoke alarms are more than 10-years old or do not operate
Then give Knight Power Electrical Pty Ltd a call. We are highly experienced in smoke alarm installed on the Gold Coast and will provide you with a certificate of compliance and peace of mind.
Where do smoke alarms need to be installed?
The legislation requires smoke alarms must be installed in the following locations:
- on each storey
- in each bedroom
- if there is no hallway, between the bedroom and other parts of the storey;
- and if there are no bedrooms on a storey, at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling.
Get peace of mind for your family or tenants by upgrading your smoke alarms today by calling Knight Power Electrical Pty Ltd. Call us today on 0424 195 705 for smoke alarm installations on the Gold Coast.
- New Smoke Alarm Legislation and Compliance: Understand the legislation changes regarding smoke alarms, including the requirement to replace smoke alarms over 10 years old with photoelectric type alarms and the deadlines for installing photoelectric smoke alarms in various situations, ensuring compliance and prioritizing safety.
- Photoelectric Smoke Alarms for Enhanced Safety: Learn about photoelectric smoke alarms, which detect visible particles of combustion and provide a quicker and more reliable response to smoke, alerting everyone in your home and providing extra time to escape in case of a fire.
- Replacing Smoke Alarms in Specific Scenarios: Identify situations that require replacing smoke alarms, such as when they are more than 10 years old, located incorrectly, or during renovations or leasing, and rely on Knight Power Electrical Pty Ltd for expert smoke alarm installation and compliance on the Gold Coast.
- Wireless Smoke Alarms for Convenient Installation: Explore the option of wireless smoke alarms, suitable for homes where wiring installation is challenging, and benefit from interconnected alarms with non-removable 10-year lithium batteries, providing peace of mind without the need for battery replacements.
- Upgrade Your Smoke Alarms for Peace of Mind: Ensure the safety of your family or tenants by upgrading your smoke alarms to comply with the new legislation, and contact Knight Power Electrical Pty Ltd for professional smoke alarm installations on the Gold Coast, guaranteeing compliance and offering peace of mind.